Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/customer/www/freezyboys.com/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3547
Review: Stouffer's Chicken Alfredo - Freezy Boys

Review: Stouffer’s Chicken Alfredo

by | Nov 14, 2018 | Dinner, Frozen Food Reviews

Total Score

%

Strong!

Summary: Fancy sounding name. Cooks pretty fast. Doesn’t taste homemade, but close to it. Disagreed with cousin Nell’s stomach.

Meal Context

Papa Krung had to cook dinner. One problem. Papa Krung don’t know how to cook.

Enter Stouffers.

Ol’ wifey told me she was sick of me watching football so much. She said that I needed to cook something for her and cousin Nell and doing something for once. I reminded her that I don’t know how to cook and she said figure it out Baby Man.

After the Raiders lost, I went over to Piedmont Grocery to browse the frozen food section. The Stouffer’s Chicken Alfredo caught my eye because of the fancy sounding name. Alfredo! Italiano Mama! I was a little worried about how hard the cooking instructions looked–you need to remove from oven and stir while it is cooking–but decided it was worth impressing the ladies.

I even picked up a candle to help set the mood. 

Meal Context Score: 7 out of 10

Taste

The sauce was rich and creamy. Cousin Nell’s socks were knocked off. Success! She appreciated the diet-compliant broccoli and carrots as well. 7 out of 10 from cousin Nell.

Ol’ wifey was a little harder to please. She ate all of her’s up, but when I asked her “how do you like it my dear wifey?” she said hmph and stared off into space. I would interpret that as a 6 out of 10 from wifey.

I drank a beer with my serving and it washed down the white sauce really good. I started pouring beer in my mouth while there was still pasta because the flavors complemented each other so well. 9 out of 10 for me.

Taste Score: 8 out of 10

Look

The pasta and sauce looked good in the pot, and the vegetables offered sprinkles of color. Nell said she was very impressed with how the dish looked. Ol’ wifey didn’t say anything, but I could tell that she was impressed.

Having the candle on the table definitely helped bring out the strong colors of the dish.

Look Score: 7 out of 10

Is Stouffers Chicken Alfredo Healthy?

Ol’ wifey said this dish was really salty and had 35% of the daily maximum. Guess that leaves me 65% more which sounds like a lot! There are 270 calories per serving which really isn’t too bad–I ate three bowls. There is also a lot of protein (16g) to help make you big and strong. Harrrowww!

Healthy Score: 5 out of 10

Stomach Effects

I felt pretty good after eating, so I retreated to the couch to watch some more football. My stomach felt fine and I drank beers until I eventually fell asleep on the couch. I didn’t wake up until…

Vrrrmmmmm… Vrupppppppppp!

Someone was starting an engine. In our home.

What in tarnation? I wondered. As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I walked toward the restroom and the sound became increasingly louder. Who the heck would be running a motor in there?

Just then the stench hit me and I staggered back. Everything OK in there? I yelled.

My stomach hurts like the Great Dickens! Nell yelled back over the noise. Then she said that she’d be in there for awhile.

Poor Nell. Hope it wasn’t my good cooking that did that.

I tried to go upstairs to check on ol’ wifey but the door was locked, so I went back to the couch and watched some more football.

Stomach Score: 5 out of 10

Pros & Cons

pros

L
Easy, and fancy enough to impress family.
L
Tastes pretty great and complements beer nicely.
L
Not super unhealthy and enough protein to make you strong.

cons

K
A little tricky to cook–have to check on it, remove, stir, then resume cooking.
K
Might hurt your stomach, might not.